The Food of Dominican Republic / La Comida de República Dominicana
– A white cheese that is salty and very bland in taste.
– Cream cheese
– A mild tasting creamy to firm type Dominican made cheese.
Queso de Hoja
– Sort of like bocconcini or string cheese. A white strong round cheese made fresh. Reminds me of a blend between mozzarella and feta cheeses. It can be peeled off the ball in leaves. (Quesero Street Vendor selling this cheese)
Queso Frito or Queso de Freir
– Dominican fried, white cheese.
– A bulger roll usually with a little meat inside. You can find these torpedo-shaped fried foods in Colmados and food vendors. they are popular in the mornings.