Capilla de la Tercera Orden Dominica / Chapel of the Third Dominican Order
Constructed around 1514 this building was originally part of the Iglesia y Convento de la Orden Dominica Entre la Capilla y la Iglesia. This church, as with most churches here, was first constructed of wood while the desired bricks and building materials were collected. This is now the home of the church offices and the minister. It is also a popular place for filmmakers to make movies.
Here was located the Universidad Santo Tomás de Aquino founded by Eugenio María de Hostos.
Walking on Calle el Conde turn south on Hostos or Duarte. Go 2 blocks. In front of Parque Duarte on Calle Padre Billini is the Iglesia de los Padres Dominicos (left) and Chapel (right) with a small plaza separating them.